Friday, June 10, 2011

The last day:(


It’s been a fun and busy week here at USM. I have enjoyed every minute of it, and I feel like I know a lot more about journalism and the different areas that are under that umbrella term. I came into the camp with little knowledge about broadcast, photo, and radio journalism, because I have only had a little experience with writing for school newspapers, but what I found out really opened my eyes. I had no idea how involved filming broadcast journalism was, and both the experience of writing and filming it and listening to the panel of broadcast journalists showed me that the news anchor does much more than report the script and look good. We had to write, edit, interview, film, cut, and produce our “package” (segment of news) and I was amazed at how involved it was. That category was the most surprising to me this week, but I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I have made some great friends, one of them who may or may not be obsessively stalking Avril Lavigne, and have learned a lot about working together and creating great journalism as a group. The Fab 5 was awesome, and I loved every minute of working with yall! I will be very sad to leave this camp, but I know that every person here has an amazing future ahead of him or her!  I had so much fun learning, playing Just Dance 2, talking to people from all over Mississippi, and getting a taste of college life. I hope that I can take what I learned forward into the rest of my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment